[DML] Editorial in "DeLorean World"

I'm sure many of you have read the editorial that appeared in the latest
issue of "DeLorean World" that pointed to this list as a possible cause for
the drop in value of our sports cars. I have emailed back and forth with
some of the board members at the DeLorean Owners Association and expressed my
opinion on this matter and have listened to their responses. As a member of
both the DML and DOA, I can see both sides of the story. The DML has given
me technical help on several occassions that have made repairs easier and
helped me determine the cause of some problems. The DOA help line has also
done the same. Both organizations have their good and bad points. I can see
the DOA's point that some of the posts that appear on this list are not very
positive in their portrayal of the marque. The most recent being one a few
months back in which some stated that paying over $20000 for a DeLorean was
crazy comes to mind. (Let me state that I remembered this thread and was not
reminded of it by anyone with the DOA, in case anyone wants to point a finger
at that group). This list can be a huge help to those of us who own
DeLoreans and for those wanting to one day own one. We should all strive to
portray the marque in the best possible way. Granted the cars do have their
quirks, but I ask you what sports car doesn't? They weren't intended to be
performance machines either. If you don't believe me, read some of the out
of print books that contain interviews with the engineers and management at
DMC as well as JZD himself. Let's all work together to promote these great
cars and the man who dared to "live the dream." Let's not trash them. We
hurt everyone who owns a DeLorean when we only point out the cars' faults and
few of its attributes, and we do discourage some from buying a DeLorean. I
have run into some at car shows who openly admit they've decided not to buy a
DeLorean because of things they read on the internet. We all own or want to
own a DeLorean for a reason, and I dare say no one bought one because they
thought it was a piece of junk they'd spend every spare minute working on or
putting in the shop. Let's try and concentrate on what makes this marque one
that should be remembered for the good it tried to accomplish.

Brian
VIN 1597