[DML] Re: Editorial in "DeLorean World"

lovdmc1-@xxxx wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=7875
> I'm sure many of you have read the editorial that appeared in the
latest
> issue of "DeLorean World" that pointed to this list as a possible
cause for
> the drop in value of our sports cars...

Who said a drop in the price is even a bad thing? It only matters to
current Delorean owners who are looking to sell, and frankly I would
never sell my D unless the price went up into the stratosphere and I
couldn't afford it anymore. The lower the price gets, the more people
will buy them and have the money to fix them up, so I say drop that
price! Deloreans For The People!

In any case, I think the people at the DOA are just frustrated over not
being able to control the flow of information anymore. But the
internet genie is out of the bottle, so to speak, so if we didn't talk
about the Delorean here, it would be somewhere else (where it may not
be so well moderated).

And while I might agree that there is much more negative or just plain
wrong information tossed about on mailing lists (including here) than
in an edited publication, that is simply one of the side-effects of the
free flow of ideas. A good consumer is an informed consumer, and there
is no practical way to strip the "good" from the "bad" information
without losing the some content.

I personally have no problem with the DOA, but if they're concerned
about the prices of their cars, they should stop trying to sell them
and try going for a nice drive.

Gus Schlachter
Austin, TX
VIN: 4695