[DML] Re: Editorial in "DeLorean World"

Sorry, But I have to respond to this. The DML simply covers the reality of
owning an 18 to 20 year old car. Personally, from what I've read about the
DOA I get the impression they want "their" car to be a high dollar value
automobile. Having people approach you every time you fill up at the gas
station doesn't unfortunately make our cars worth more. There was just a
thread about how there were so many uninformed DeLorean owners out there who
had/have their cars for sale and yet wanted top dollar. In this thread the
DML simply discussed how most of these cars would still need time and money
to make it reliable. Apparently this is the type of thing the DOA thinks we
do to bring down it's value.

"I can see the DOA's point that some of the posts that appear on this list
are not very
positive in their portrayal of the marque."

Sorry, but what does this mean? Are we expected to lie. I mean really, are
we supposed to hold back on a problem area because someone else who wants to
own a DeLorean may be watching. Not everyone on the DML has the same
feelings about our car as the typical die hard DeLorean owner. Again, the
DOA seems to be living a lie. How many of you out there own a twenty year
old car and of those that do, how many don't require repairs. The point
being the DML is an internet news group of people who own or want to own
this car, while the typical DOA member is someone who has much stronger
feelings about it. On the DML you will hear some criticism. Do you hear
criticism in DeLorean World. No, because it's controlled. An internet news
group or list is not.

"Let's all work together to promote these great
cars and the man who dared to "live the dream." Let's not trash them."

Again, I have seen very little if any trashing of our cars on this list.
Matter of fact, when or if someone does criticize our car they usually
receive several replies pointing out why they're having that particular
problem and how best to repair it.

"Let's try and concentrate on what makes this marque one
that should be remembered for the good it tried to accomplish."

I'm almost afraid to say it, but what should we talk about. Anything but
repairs? Brian, I know your making an attempt to smooth the waters so to
speak with the DOA and quiet the DML at the same time in what they "the DOA"
seem to perceive as some kind of defamation of the DeLorean. I just think
the DOA needs to understand the difference between the DML, an open
internet forum and a dues paying member of a type club. The DML doesn't
seem to have a problem with the DOA and I know DOA members get a lot from
our free group so why do they seem so bent on trying to control the content
of this group. The condition of each car combined with demand will
determine it's value. Having a few people on an internet group discussing
maintenance and repair causes loss in value? Honestly, I can't see the DML
having that kind of impact.

Just my opinion

Mike Atkinson
vin16232