From: "Jonathan Heslop" <gatewayaag@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Re: Lowering (getting in)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 07:47:37 -0600

Guys......

Don't let anybody else get in this way! EVERYTIME someone hops in my
DeLorean driver's seat, they break the armrest extension off. They hold on
to the steering wheel, put their right leg in, then fall into the seat
ripping that piece off in the process.

I tell them to get in the way I do. I always sit down in the car as if I
were sitting down at the dinner table. Sit down onto the ledge by the
parking brake, slide into the seat, then pull both my legs in. That way the
armrest piece is always gaurded. Get out in the opposite manner.

Note: I have a really early car therefore the extension isn't covered and
held on by the leather covering. It was just held on by a few screws and a
filmsy plastic frame. Now it has about a centimeter thick piece of glue
around it from all the times it's been broken off. I wedge a rolled up
towel in between it and the seat too.

--Jonathan #000697

<< A tip for "putting on a DeLorean": Enter it like a jet- hold on to the fiberglass/rubber front water trough, swing right leg in, use arms to leverage gluteus Maximas onto seat, lower body into comfortable position, swing left leg in, buckle up, & prepare to DRIVE. >>

I've tried the right leg in first method but find it awkward. But then, when
I stoop down, I usually grab something to haul myself back up. You're in
better shape than I am! I just back onto the seat, turn my right leg
sideways
(horizontal) to the right and fold it in, then turn my left leg sideways to
the left and fold it in. I have long legs and bad knees. Works better than
it
sounds. Getting out I do the same thing in reverse, except that I lean on
the left side door frame to lever myself out of the seat toward the rear of
the car. I never hit my head. Works for me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Before posting messages or replies, see the posting policy rules at: www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=dmcnews&m=1