[DML] Good D Leaks gas New D has problems

[DML] Good D Leaks gas New D has problems

	Well I guess I bought my second delorean just in time. I was idling my
good 81 delorean (VIN 6808) in my drive way today, and just as I was
telling my father how lucky we have been to not have hardly any problems
with this D, I looked down and saw a puddle of gas. It was dripping out of
the middle of the car a little bit behind the fuel tank. It does not drip
when thae car is off, so I guess it is a hose. WOuld it be possible to
change this hose with out have the car on a lift? I mean could I jack it
up and change it? Or whould I leave this task to a more experienced mechanic?
Another thing. The second D's (17167) turn signals, horn, and hazard
switch, still wont work. I checked fuse six. I know it is good, and I
checked the flasher unit as well. (I put them in 6808 and they worked). I
there anything else I should check before I start ripping wires out of the
car?
One more thing. On 17167 (1983 second D) I noticed something peculiar
that might have something to do with its hot start problem. I noticed that
when I turn the key to the position just before cranking the engine I do
not hear the hum of the fuel pump, like I do in my 81. If I crank the
engine, and it does not turnover, I then hear the humming fuel pump for
just a few seconds. I think the previous owner, who put the engine in
himself, may have wired the fuel put to come on only when you crank the
car. This would explain why it takes slightly longer (when the car is
cold) to start this D than my 81. (the 83 sill wont start when its hot)
If you are able to make sense of my incoherent rambling, then I commend
you, and thank you for your input.

Joe P.
VIN 6808 (with fuel leak)
VIN 17167 (with no turnsignals horn hazard signals)