[DML] Re: Good D Leaks gas New D has problems

[DML] Re: Good D Leaks gas New D has problems

Joe,

The first thing to do is determine the source of the leak. Your description
sounds as if the leak is at the fuel accumulator which is located in the
center section of the frame. If this is the case you could replace the hose
from under the car but you would need to raise it on to jack stands. If the
leak is up at the fuel tank the fuel lines can be serviced from above. If
you decide to service the fuel system yourself be sure to follow all the
precautions that are associated with fuel system service. If you are unsure
of these precautions and or are not properly equipped leave the job to a
pro.

Your directional, hazard, horn problem will require further investigation.
You can contact me directly for additional
assistance http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/3755/help.html

The car that has the fuel pump that operates when the engine is not running
is the one that is improperly wired. The normal operation of the fuel pump
is as follows: When the key is turned to the ignition "on " position (red
dash lights lit) the fuel pump may or may not run for a few seconds. After a
those first 2-3 seconds the pump should shut down.