[DML] Re: DeLorean Company cars / personal cars

[DML] Re: DeLorean Company cars / personal cars

In looking over this interesting list, Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club
president Arnie Brandon caught something I missed. VIN 805, shown as
assigned to Roy Nesseth, was until a few years ago owned by PNDC member John
Glasco in eastern Washington. I remember seeing this twin turbo A/T car at
one of our club tech sessions, and being intrigued by the fact that it had
no muffler, just exhaust coming directly out of the turbos (it didn't sound
all that great either). Shortly after that session, John went out to his
garage to start the car and it instantly caught fire. He was able to shove
it outside and save his house, but the car was a total loss (one of those
infamous engine fires I mentioned awile back that got everybody so uptight).
The insurance company sold it to a Moses Lake, WA, wrecking yard where I was
able to purchase it. Arnie and I trailered it to my shop where it was
totally dismantled and parted out. I still have the engine, doors, 1/4
panels, half of the frame, the front sub body, etc. The remains of the twin
turbos were sold to someone rebuilding another burnt car.

I believe I reported the demise of this car, one of 6 I have parted out, to
the DOA record keepers back when they were still on speaking terms with
me.....

--
Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive