[DML] Re: Running VIN numbers

At 04:48 PM 12/6/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Nick
>
>My VIN has a "T" in between the 26 and check digit (on my case 9 as well).
>So try SCEDT26T9DD016045. I ran it through my VIN calculcator and the check
>digit computed correctly at "9".

snip......

Excuse this question, maybe I missed something some where.....

If I read the vin number on the door post of my DeLorean and do some sort
of calculation
the answer will confirm that the vin number stamped into the metal ID plate
is correct? I don't get it? whats the point in that? The vin number is
what it is, I can see
a number being miss stamped at the plant, but once it is stamped into the
metal what ever
it may be, thats what gets recorded on all the paper work...That number is
by it's very existence correct.

Lee

support@xxxx

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILER: Pursuant to US Code, Title 47, Chapter 5,
Subchapter II, 227, any and all unsolicited commercial e-mail sent
to this address is subject to a download and archival fee in the
amount of $500 US.
E-Mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.