[DML] Re: Antennas

I have the windshield antenna in my DeLorean. Compared to the reception of
my '87 Toyota Truck (non telescoping antenna) and my '94 Acura Integra
(motorized antenna), the DeLorean windshield gets better reception. I am
also located a long distance from the "local" radio stations. Far enough
that the other two cars can barely receive a signal. The DeLorean can
receive without any problems.

Also, I recently had a rock bounce up and chip the windshield not too long
ago. In attempting a repair, a crack appeared - not too bad yet. If the
crack propagates and a windshield replacement is necessary, I would prefer
the windshield antenna over any others offered. Unfortunately, the antenna
windshield seems to no longer be an option. Maybe someone should
investigate (PJG or DMCH) if "modern" windshield antennas have improved
enough to compete with the other options and offer these windshields in
their part inventories.

I know that anyone can purchase a rear window defogger (you know, the lines
in the rear window) and have it installed on a blank window (my father had
this done to his car), so I do not understand why someone cannot offer an
antenna that installs similar to the defogger.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345