[DML] Re: Antennas

> Sean Howley wrote:
>
> I know that anyone can purchase a rear window defogger (you know, the lines
> in the rear window) and have it installed on a blank window (my father had
> this done to his car), so I do not understand why someone cannot offer an
> antenna that installs similar to the defogger.

They do. You can get one of these stick-on antennas (looks similar to a narrow
piece of scotch tape with a tiny wire imbedded in it) at most any full service
auto parts store. I bought one years ago, from Pep Boys I think, for my boat and
installed it in a hollow space between an exterior and an interior fiberglass panel
adjacent to where I mounted the AM/FM stereo radio (automotive style). It works
great. While my application is totally out of sight, I don't think it would look
very good installed where you could see it. But in any case, yes, they are
available.

Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)