[DML] Starting problems

I'm having a starting problem and wanted to ask for advise from the group

The story is the car rarely starts what I'll call normally - like every other car I've owned.  I used to own another Delorean and don't remember ever having a problem.  I typically have to turn the key and then let go and hope the engine starts.  I don't "hear" it start as the starter is turning like any other car.  Sometimes it just won't start no matter what I do short of pushing the car.  I can wait sometime a short time, sometime longer, then it starts like it usually does (when I let go of the key). Never any pressure on the gas pedal.

I replaced the fuel accumulator & the fuel pump a couple of months ago (about 1000 miles ago).  The car has always started since then until recently.  The fuel gauge was at about 1/4 tank both times ?? (not sure if that's an issue)

Another puzzling part is that although the starter turns very strong the car won't start but when I do push the car there is no hesitation in it starting.  It starts without any effort at all.

Steve Pattison
Vin #2628

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderato-@xxxx