[DML] Scenes from an NSW car show

Hey folks,

Well, we survived our first car show. Although it was mainly for hot rods,
custom cars and motor bikes, we took our DeLorean along to the Casula car
show at the Cross Roads truck stop near Liverpool in New South Wales
(Australia), and all-up we had a great time.

The car attracted a lot of attention (sometimes there were twenty people at
a time poking around the car), and the question most-asked was: "What's it
made of?". I think that most people are at first attracted by the gullwing
doors, and once they get closer to the car they are fascinated by the SS
panels ("is it bare metal? Aluminium? Alloy?")! I was also surprised by the
amount of times people associated it with Lamborghinis. In fact, the first
question we got asked was "Is it a Lamborghini?". Other people said "Geez,
it looks like a Lamborghini, eh" and "I reckon Lamborghini would make those,
eh".

We spent all day at the show, sitting by our DeLorean, and we fielded all
the usual questions like "What sort of engine's it got?", "What's it's top
speed?", "What's it like to drive?", "How many are there in Australia?", and
"Where's the Flux Capacitor?" Dad had printed up some flyers about our car,
and DeLoreans in general, so we handed them out to people who appeared
interested (and it feels nice to know that hundreds of people's lives are
now complete after having seen a DeLorean, hehe). But, the 1000 decibel
farts of the dragsters and hot rods often attracted most of the attention
from the crowd.

All-in-all it was a great day, despite the morning drizzle and overcast
skies, and I can't wait for show to enter our D in. For any Sydney-siders
reading this who couldn't make it out today, perhaps you'll be able to make
the next show (whenever that is).

Oh, by the way, we didn't win anything at the show today (must've been
rigged), but maybe next time.

R. Haslewood,
Sydney Australia
www.zip.com.au/~delorean/