[DML] Door acting weird

Hi Group,

Winter is finally creeping into the South. I drive my DeLorean daily
and I've noticed my driver's side door acting strangely sometimes
when the temperature is below the mid 30s. The door shoots open and
I have to pad it's ascent to prevent it from bouncing hard. I'm
baffled... normally during colder temps we have to help our doors up
instead of preventing them from flying up. I've not paid especially
close attention to exactly when the door opens up more powerfully
than usual, but it seems when the temperature is cold and it's the
first time the door has been opened in a while. For reference I've
got a DMC-Texas door strut on the car and it's probably about a year
old or so... it works extremely well. Also the car is a daily
driver, and has been a daily driver for the last 10 years or so.
does this sound like a strut or torsion bar issue? I've got all of
these horror stories of snapping torsion bars flying through my head
and thought I'd see what the list thinks. I suppose I can try
switching out my Grady strut on the passenger side for the DMC-Texas
strut on the driver's side and see what happens. Anyone have any
thoughts, suggestions, experiences?

Louie Golden VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC