[DML] Re: Chevy Engine swap

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ryanpwright" <dmcnews_list@xxxx> >
> My closing thoughts are thus: If you still think a custom DeLorean
is
> "destroyed", you should go to a car show some day and check out the
> custom hot rods. About the only thing stock on these cars is the
body.
> I saw a '32 Ford 3-Window Coupe with custom leather, LCD displays in
> the dash, and a big monster engine, not to mention the countless
other
> upgrades. One of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen, and there
> were a hundred others with equal amounts of custom work. Tell these
> guys they've "destroyed" their cars, or for that matter the crowds
> drooling over them. You won't get a lot of sympathy.
>
> -Ryan

First let me say that personally I don't care what anybody does with
their own Delorean, or Civic or Corvette etc etc etc.  All that
matters to me is what I do to MY Delorean.  However, while you make
many vaild points, you anology is flawed by your own wording: "you
still think a custom DeLorean is "destroyed", you should go to a car
show some day and check out the custom hot rods. About the only thing
stock on these cars is the body."  A hot rod is SUPPOSED to be highly
modified and isn't any particular car when finished, they are made
for the design factor and not to be a particular homage to a specific
car.  In fact many Hot Rods are not based on any particular car at
all but instead are complete custom from frame on up.  That is what
a "Hot Rod" is.

So yeah I would consider a Hot Rod based on a '32 Ford to be a
drestroyed '32 Ford but not a destroyed car because in its
destruction a great Hot Rod has been created.  But again, inregards
to what other people do with their cars...who cares.

Michael Q
Vin #02944