[DML] Re: Lockzilla or WingsAloft???

Robert - You are correct when you talk about "brand name recognition"
and using terms that people have grown to associate with certain
products and product lines.  The vast majority of DeLorean owners who
have been paying attention at all associate the term "door launchers"
with a device that allows for remote door opening.  I don't know who
first coined that term, but Mr. Zilla has assumed possession of it
and anything that sounds like it.  He made his position known to us
in a very firm fashion through direct communications (I'll let you
fill in the blanks).  When these communications transpired, we (DPNW)
were just getting started, and did not want to create a problem with
an established icon of the DeLorean community.  Thus, we brainstormed
a new name for a line of related products that would avoid any future
entanglements (legal or otherwise), while conveying an image of the
DeLorean doors swinging gracefully upwards and reaching for the open
sky.  Our hope is that the name "Wings-A-Loft" will eventually become
associated with an extensive line of quality products that people
will be proud to install and enjoy in their stainless steeds.  Until
the name "Wings-A-Loft" becomes ubiquitous, we will continue to
expand the line with more safety and convenience add-ons, and hope
that the marketplace responds with their support.  We are always open
to suggestions on which direction the discerning DeLorean owners want
to go with this type of product.  As an example, last night I
completed the trial installation of a remote trunk opening subsystem
in Winged1.  This will tie into many of the Wings-A-Loft controllers,
and will also function with other brands of alarm systems and keyless
entry systems (including LockZilla 2) to open the luggage compartment
with the remote, as long as there is a spare channel to use for this
purpose.  I worked up a very clean installation that functions
beautifully (no drilling or permanent modifications at all).  The kit
will be available as soon as I can build sufficient quantities of the
brackets.  There are several other items along these lines in the
works.  As always, we want to thank you all for your continued
support and feedback.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas@xxxx>
wrote:
<snip>
> I like the "Wings-A-Loft"
> product, but I'd bet interest, and sales would increase if people
> started refering to them to something else, like "Toby Launchers",
or something of the like. Build upon that past reputation, and turn it
> into a sales pitch.
<snip>