[DML] BTTF Engine Swap comments

I doubt very much that they swapped out the engines just to get the added jet sound.  As a film producer let me explain that just about EVERY sound you hear that are not the actors voices are added in later in post-production.  (footsteps, clock ticking, doors creaking, gunshots, engines running etc...) The DeLorean engine sound in the movie is created by a sound engineer and put in.  They did not put in a V8 just to get the engine growl.  They may have swapped out the engine for other reasons but it is inaccuracte to suggest the sound dept relied on a swapped engine for their effects.    I have worked with dozens of sound guys and they take lots of pride in the fact thay they create their sounds with like an artist.

Wrote:
and even in Back to the Future they swapped the engine in 3 cars for a small block V8
in order to get an engine growl underneath the added jet sound.

Tom Watkins
dmctom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.