[DML] Re: Chevy Engine swap

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:

> "bastardized" the car by removing the PRV. IMHO a Delorean that
> doesn't have a PRV can't really be called a Delorean anymore and it's
> market value will reflect that.

That's right, it's market value WILL reflect that. I've seen DeLoreans
with engine swaps and they sell for a hell of a lot more than stock.
You must remember, most people aren't purists. Most people just want a
cool car, and if it's really fast, all the better.

I'll tell you this, when I was shopping for my DeLorean earlier this
year I would have paid a significant premium for a car with a solid
engine swap. I think most of us who are daily drivers would say the
same, especially when you consider a newer V8 could potentially triple
the power output with very little sacrifice in gas milage. And what
about that DeLorean with the rotary engine?
(http://www.eliseusa.com/rotary.htm) Didn't they get a small fortune
for that car compared to stock?

As for the "can't really be called a DeLorean anymore", now that's
just ridiculous. If you had heart problems and received a transplant,
do you think it'd be fair to say you "can't really be called David
anymore"?

A DeLorean is a DeLorean no matter what's powering it.

-Ryan