[DML] Re: Chevy Engine swap

You can't blame the PRV for the broken fuel gauge and say it is too
much to maintain. I submit that an engine swap is going to cost you
way more than you think and may not improve the relibility. IMHO you
could get the "most bang for the buck" by staying with the PRV and
making it run as well as you can and if that isn't enough then
consider adding the turbo kit from Elenor Rodgers or one of the
Delorean venders. At least if you go that route there is more history
so you should get more reliabilty (up to a point) and you haven't
"bastardized" the car by removing the PRV. IMHO a Delorean that
doesn't have a PRV can't really be called a Delorean anymore and it's
market value will reflect that. It is now a Delorean with an engine
swap. Any future owner would have good cause to wonder who will he get
and how will he maintain the car and where does he go for parts and
service. Of course it is your car and you can do whatever you wish,
just consider that someday you may want to sell the car and what you
do to it may affect it's value. There is a whole lot more to an engine
swap than the price of the engine. A custom bell housing comes to mind
first of all. Motor mounts, wiring, plumbing, instuments, all this
will cost money to design and fabricate, and install. And you don't
always get it right the first time! With time and $$$money you can do
almost anything but consider what you will wind up with in the end.
>From a purely economic viewpoint an engine swap doesn't make sense.
BTW if you do pull the PRV you can recapture some of your expenses by
selling it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "secret_jedi_guy"