[DML] Re: Chevy Engine swap

I figured I might get someone upset with my comment. There are
exceptions to any rule or example. You could do an engine swap and if
it is a really nice job you might get a lot of money but do you really
think that anyone made any money? Let's not count the shop that did
the work or the venders that sold all the bits and pieces.
Trnasplanting an engine is not really comparable to a heart transplant
so I think that is a bad example, besides, who would want to buy me
after that! IMHO the more you deviate from stock (in general) the
lower the value of the car. Service becomes a major issue as does the
quality of the work and the reliability and where do you get the parts
and just what kind? You can't call one of the Delorean venders for
help and you can't go to the auto store and ask for a part for a
"chevy engine". You MUST have model, make, and year. Many of the parts
will be custom fabricated so now where do you go for them? Some buyers
may either not care or realize what they are getting themselves into.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757