Re: [DML] Re: Charging Problem.......Help :)

Dave wrote:
> Current expert advice now discourages jumping one car with >another.  The risk to the computer systems in BOTH cars is too great.

Thanks, Dave for bringing me into the present.  I once swore I'd
never own a car new enough to be computerized and now I have one
more reason why.  Except for my daily driver, the D is the newest
car I've ever owned.

Tom wrote:
> This applies to DeLoreans and all modern cars with computers.  I >dont  think it would hurt say a 66' Mustang

that confirms what I just said.

Actually I drive a 96 Hummer (OK - I broke down and bought a
computerized vehicle and I hate the fact that I can't just push start
it myself)  with dual Optima yellow tops and am always willing to
come to everyone's rescue.   I'll rethink that!  Although I have to say
confirming "red to positive" is my standard for jumping cars, much
like one would  say "clear" for a  defribulator or "four" for golfers.

I had to smile at the idea of a frozen battery here in the desert --
that will be a sure sign of Armageddon.

Thanks again for the advice.

10440