[DML] Re: DeLorean's dumped into the sea?

[DML] Re: DeLorean's dumped into the sea?

Any serious research into the history of the Delorean car and company
has to start with reading Stainless Steel Illusion by John Lamm.
Although it was out of print for many years and hard to get a copy at
a reasonable price, it has been reprinted through the efforts of DMC
Houston. I recomend you order a copy and start there. It will answer
many of your questions. For the record there is no knowledge of any
Delorean cars being "dumped" in the ocean. The body panel dies have
been confirmed dumped to be used as anchors for fishnets. The UK did
not want anyone to ever use them again for the production of body
panels. By most measures the Delorean was a success in the US, just
look at the interest in it now, even by you. Very few "orphan" makes
can claim the production #'s of Deloreans and all that in 2 years. A
little more finacial backing and the company might have survived the
start-up and development costs. As you read and learn more about the
Delorean you may develop a greater respect for what was accomplished.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757