[DML] Re: DeLorean's dumped into the sea?

[DML] Re: DeLorean's dumped into the sea?

Michael,

Do yourself a favor and purchase a copy of Stainless Steel Illusion
and the Delorean Gold Portfolio if you are seriously researching
the Delorean marque.  These are the stories you should be reading
to get the true hisorical references about the man, car and company.

I highly recommend that you do not use heresay for your reference,
neither should you use "documentaries" such as VH1, I Love the 80's
as a factual reference of Delorean the man, car and the company,
but there is at least one legitimate Delorean documentary out there.

Actually, the stories about the body dyes appears to be correct
and substantiated by photos of the dyes on a fishing boat deck.
There is also a very recent story about possible recovery of one
or more body dyes when the current owner of the dyes/net anchors
replaces the dyes/net anchors with actual production net anchors
(for insurance purposes).  The fishery has contact several Delorean
enthusiasts to find out if there is any interest in the recovery.
Recovery would be primarily for historical significance.

As for the story about the cars being dumped in the ocean, the
production series for the continent of Atlantis, VIN H2O......
was never completed and therefore never delivered to the ocean
bottom.  The door seals were only waterproof rated for 1 fathom.
However, since the location of Atlantis is still a mystery and
some company documents are still "missing", who really knows?

As for dumping/destroying cars to make the rest more valuable,
we have not seen increases in car prices due to the destruction
of a Delorean on the Discovery Channel or all the cars being
parted out on ebay over the past few years.  Since there is no
definitive number of cars that all the experts agree were made
between 1981 and 1983, so how could an ambiguous "few hundred"
cars make an impact to possibly devalue the remaining cars?
The KAPAC company received all remaing 1983 model Deloreans.

One of the best and "quick reference" items on all things Delorean
is the Delorean FAQ's document that is also found at DMCNews.com.
I would highly recommend reading all the sections of this document
before doing any other "research" on the Delorean.

Later,
Rich W.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael" <hopyardvmp@xxxx> wrote:
>      To whom it may concern,
>
>      I am researching parts of the DeLorean history and was
> fascinated by a recent story I heard about the tremendous failure
of
> the model in the United States. I was told that the cars proved so
> difficult to sell that those remaining (several hundred or so)
were