Re: [DML] accident

If you are the claimant against someone else's policy,
you are in the best possible position to be in.

They are required to put your car in the condition it
was in before it was damaged, and you are in control
of who does the repair and how.

If you have any problems, contact your state's
department of insurance (or threaten the adjuster that
you will do this).

Remember, the Adjuster's job is to pay as little as
possible for the repair..  *NEVER* take the first
offer.  Always get your own estimate, and negotiate.
and DEMAND NEW PARTS, not repaired.  (Meaning, they
will pay for the new parts.  Once you get the check
you can legally opt to repair the old one if you so
choose)

I don't know where you are, but if you don't have a
local DeLorean shop I suggest you take photos and see
if Grady, DMCH, DMC-GG, or even D1 will give you a
estimate with the photos.  Probably best to remove the
damaged panel too, make sure all is OK underneath.

If you have trouble, contact me directly.  I have some
experience in dealing with insurance companies, and
have some contact in the industry that can answer
questions honestly.

Marc

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail