[DML] Re: Estimate

Hi Jeff,

Funny you should ask about this.  I just purchased my first DeLorean
less than 4 months ago and I am also in college.  However, in my
case, I've been saving since I was 16.  If you wait for some time,
you can find a DeLorean that needs work, but still in resonible shape
for around $5,000 (I wish not to say what I purchased mine for).  Of
course, you might have to be willing to travel a good distance to
find one.  As it goes for the question, "If it is worth it or not" to
fix up a "D", well... whether you buy one for $20,000 or one for
$5,000, I gaurantee you that it will need parts.  These cars will
drain your savings account.  You will be picking up those pennies you
see on the sidewalks.

I've been working on mine for the past 4 months and have spent almost
twice what I spent on the car originally.  But, I did my research and
I knew what I was getting into; and enjoyed every minute of it.  The
car is still not ready, but I have hopes to get her onto the road
shortly.  I have one more minor idling problem to fix, which seems to
be common on these cars.

I don't know exactly what you're looking for in a "D", what kind of
price you have in mind, or where you are located?  I would be more
than happy to help; and if I know DeLorean owners, I'm sure that
there are some in your area that might help you locate what you are
looking for.

~Dan