Re: [DML] Re: lost power

I called PJ Grady awhile ago close to two years when I first bought my D. From what I was told by the previous owner is that the garage I currently take the car to is the one in which the trans was put back in. But PJ Grady's apprenelty only rebuilt it. I called and gave them two names but they didn't have anything. The trans never gave me a problem until a little while age.
The deal with the lock up was that these other guys who worked/messed up my car allowed the car to run, when I told them the cooling fans were not coming on all the time. They turned the car on for some diagonostics and walked away only to come back 20min later to find the car smoking and turned off. I didn't find this out until I paid 1,181 for the bill. (needless to say we are suing them) My garage that it goes to got the car back up and running. But that was back in March I haven't drivin it that much we are still tring to fix everything they touched. But could the engin now be giving me trouble form this. I only put about 300 miles or so since I got it back. I did have the cooling problem solved, new thermo switch, water pump, and all new hoses for the cooling system but some of the hoses in the car are the originals form 1981. I haven't had the time (school and work)  nor funds (school and my Ford Tarus) to change them yet, but each part is slowley being replaced that is out
 dated or dead.
I also noticed that when the car was idleing in my driveway it seemed every now and then that it was about to shut off, the lights (all of them) would shut off for less then a second then flip back on, the cd player would skip and shut off then return to working. So I assume that there is some power loss. I have some records of the work down on the car since 1997, but I can't find if there are any updates/recalls done to the car.

Thanks,
Darryl
5898

To visit your group on the web, go to: