      1. RE: Problems Starting My D
           From: "Chris Boden" <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Re: KEYS PLEASE!
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. AW:Problems Starting My D
           From: <klaus-peter.steiner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re: Problems Starting My D
           From: PRC1216@xxxxxxx
      5. Re: Squealing brakes, I need some help.
           From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. 18,000V coil upgrade
           From: "Adam 16683" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Problems Starting My D
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
      8. DeLorean starts, but then stalls
           From: "anaheim_21" <anaheim_21@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. DCS Torsion Bar Adjustment
           From: kKoncelik@xxxxxxx
     10. RE: Re: KEYS PLEASE!
           From: "K. Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. RE: Problems Starting My D
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. RE: fuel problems
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: 10115 wreck pics uploaded
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: fuel problems
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. RE: clutch safety switch?
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: 18,000V coil upgrade
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. RE: Re: Squealing brakes, I need some help.
           From: Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: fuel problems
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Problems Starting My D
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: KEYS PLEASE!
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. steering wheels
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     22. Re: clutch safety switch?
           From: "Toby Peterson" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. RE: Re: KEYS PLEASE!
           From: "K. Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. Re: Digest Number 1671
           From: doctorDHD@xxxxxxx
     25. Re: RIP VIN 10115
           From: "Henry" <henry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:24:29 -0400
   From: "Chris Boden" <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Problems Starting My D

Not only that, but the starter spins a little AFTER you start the car,
and spinning it backwards won't turn the starter since it's not engaged.
The starter engages the flywheel only under starting, otherwise the gear
on the starter is completely disengaged from the flywheel and no matter
how long you push the car backwards you're not going to move the starter
armature. :)

This is why it makes that horrible noise if you try to "Start" a car
that's already running, it's the small starter gear freaking out against
the edge of the flywheel.