Re: [DML] RIP VIN 10115

Louie,

First, my condolences to you for #10115. Second, I've got a question about your accident. You say your car was "broadsided". If I understand that correctly, that would mean that the Cadillac was traveling perpendicular to your car (~90 degree angle), and hit you head-on on your "broadside". But from some of your comments, and looking at the photos, it looks more like a bad sideswipe than a broadside accident. You said he crossed over the line - which would imply you were traveling in opposite directions (~180 degrees) - and from the photos it looks like his front left bumper plowed into your front left fender, and then proceeded to sideswipe the door, and then totally tear off the left rear quarter panel. I was thinking, if an '81 Cadillac really broadsided you at 60MPH, there would be much more severe damage. Think of any car going 60MPH and slamming into a brick wall (or another car). That force has to go somewhere, and if 100% of it was into your car, I feel it and you would have fared much worse! What did the Cadillac look like after the accident?

-Hank #1619