Cutting keys from codes (and more on keys/locks)

Cutting keys from codes (and more on keys/locks)

If you have, or are able to get, the key code for your car's doors or
ignition, we have the ability to cut a key for your car from that code. We
also have reproduction molded head key blanks for $12.95 each. Code cutting
is $15 on top of that, if desired.

** WARNING ** If, for some reason, your door locks were changed at one time
in the past, obviously the key code found on your door will no longer be
correct. This occurs most often on the early two-key cars that have had the
locks converted to the later one-key style system.

Two key system (where there are two keys used, one for the door locks and a
different key for the ignition) door locks are identifiable by the visible
portion of the lock cylinder being ALL BLACK in color. All of these key
codes will be WR3XXX or WR 5XXXX.

One key system (where the same key used for both the door locks and the
ignition) door locks are identifiable byt he visible portion of the lock
cylinder having a black ring around the outside and a silver center. All of
these key codes will be 7XXX numbers, sometimes preceded or followed by an
"X".

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
15023 Eddie Drive