           From: "Ralf Philipp" <doc.brown@xxxxxx>
      2. Re: R-12 recharge
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Bolts on hinges/gullwing door
           From: johndmc57@xxxxxxxxx
      4. PRV 6
           From: "Ryan Foster" <westiething@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. All DeLoreans Interested
           From: FEHRISMANN@xxxxxxx
      6. Back on track!
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      7. Re: R-12 recharge
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:12:38 +0200
   From: "Ralf Philipp" <doc.brown@xxxxxx>
Subject: Nylon tie wraps

Les!

I would not recommend using a nylon tie wrap for such important fastening
purposes.

Nylon, also known as "Polyamide" is not resistant to weathering. It will
get
brittle and fail. Depending on the amount of weathering and the mechanical
stress on the tie wrap, it may take some years till this happens, but when
it happens, you wish you hadn't used it.

The nylons normally used for tie wraps are PA6 and PA6.6

For further info on Polyamide etc.:
 http://www.goodfellow.com/static/A/P.HTML

I would recommend a stainless hose clamp or a stainless tie wrap.

bye,

Ralf.

> I wrote last about adding a nylon tie, this I did.  Robert
> mentioned the stainless hose clamp, that was my first instinct too but I
> asked around and per previous the agreed upon clamp was the nylon tie.
> The hose clamp is probably overkill but no harm in that.  No bleeding
> problems, no problems at all but I have one other thought, there's room
> for more than one wire clamp if you care to use, If I had it to do over
> I'd use 2 clamps (still can, of course, and may still do it).  There's
> plenty of room and from a mechanical point of view just a better
> concept.  Then again, how much overkill do you need?

Message: 2