Re: [DML] Warning: Paradise Motorsport!

I have to agree.....car detailing is by far the easiest thing to
do...diagnosing a problem is complicated. Any place that says it's
one part, replaces it and then comes back to say that wasn't it but
they think it's another part is not a good mechanic...they are doing
what any non-mechanic person would do.....change all the parts until
it works. A good mechanic diagnoses the problem...pinpoints it to a
specific part that is causing it, replaces it and has it fixed the
first time. The shop probably got to comfortable with Andrew agreeing
to all the repairs they probably figured "What the hell.... we'll do
one more thing to see if it works he's said yes to everything else".

Replacing a clutch is a no brainier with the right tools....you know
the clutch is worn out so there is no guessing what part is bad and
if you have a lift with a tranny jack...your in business.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxx> wrote:
> Your delorean looks nice, but no offense, anyone can
> steam clean an engine and wash an oil pan up.... your
> car is in excellent shape, don't get me wrong, but
> I've met some great auto-detailers that are dumber
> than rocks....
>
> Andrew had real work to be done on his car, not just
> cosmetics, and it seems as though they hosed it up
> quite nicely.
>
> Mike
>

> --- Tamir Ardon <tamir@xxxx> wrote:
> > To Andrew and the DML,
> >
> > I feel the need to respond to Andrew's post that
> > discusses Paradise Motor
> > Sport in Lombard, IL. I was quite shocked to hear
> > about his experience
> > there, and I felt he may not have depicted the true
> > picture of Lance and his
> > store. >
> > The work he has done on my car has ranged from
> > replacing my clutch to the
> > most minor of cosmetic improvements. Each time he
> > has done excellent work,
> > which can be viewed on my web-site, that shows
> > undercarriage shots of what
> > this guy is capable of making a car look like. I
> > would say that my only
> > complaint of his shop's services is that they are
> > perfectionists (Look at my
> > engine pictures to see what I mean). He takes a lot
> > of time to work on cars
> > because he is not a regular street corner mechanic.
> > He deals with
> > restoration vehicles, which usually require a long
> > amount of time to
> > fix/perfect.

<SNIP> >