[doc] Re: Painting/protecting in the valley

[doc] Re: Painting/protecting in the valley

Hi

i have done mine a short while ago.

Main thing is to getcall the rubish out from the deep holes.
i used meths, acetone and panel wipe.
and kept putting one, leaving to soat and wiping off.

i also used a dremmel with abrasive brush.

then i used metal ready as a primer. i could not find a higher
temperature primer for the alu block.
on the frost.co.uk website, they say to use metal ready as an etch
primer.

then i used engine enamel, again high temperature. looked good when
done, but not sure how long it will last.

poored a bit down the holes to give them a good covering and
protection.
some people use por 15 but i could not find any temperature rated
stuff.
i fitted a new interal water pipe, replace all y pipe sensors, bead
blasted y pipe, fitted new hoses and rings under there.

it is a bit of a squeeze to get it all back in, and really i over
tightened all the new jubilee clips as i did not want to go back
there for a leak.

use new bolts if you change the water pump.
mine cost £60 to recon the original pump so worth doing.

Regards

Steve

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk