[doc] I love the smell of petrol in the morning. . .

[doc] I love the smell of petrol in the morning. . .

Hi everyone,

Iâve got a fairly long-standing issue with my D that I thought I'd post up and see if anyone has any ideas. Hereâs the situation: My D lives in an indoor Carcoon-style air chamber when itâs not being used. This weekend I opened up the Carcoon after the car had been sat in there for about two weeks. As soon as I opened the access flaps on the air chamber I was met by a very strong smell of petrol fumes. Obviously this is not good!

I replaced the supply and return fuel hoses earlier this year and I remember that Iâve had the this problem since before I changed the hoses. It sometimes also happens when the car engine has just been shut off. Iâm guessing that the problem might lie with the fuel vapour canister, since it is obviously not retaining the petrol fumes in the way that it should. If this sounds like the correct diagnosis, Iâm interested to know what the failure rate is on the canisters. Also, is there anything special I need to know about replacing the canister?

Cheers in advance,

Phil Peters & VIN #4400

p.s. I finally tested my carâs original Craig radio after 3 Â years of saying âIâll get round to re-installing that, Iâll get round to it.â The radio itself has been out of the car for at least half a decade and I assumed that it was removed partly because it was broken or faulty.   Anyhow, I plugged it in and Lo and Behold it worked a treat and instantly picked up a classical music station. Best of all, the display works fine too. Miracle!