Re: [doc] Auto transmission

Paul/ list,

When I first got mine, the governor was offically buggered, shifts were all
over the place and totally unpredictable.  It's now totally re-wired (very
professionally, and by a member of this list) and fully functional.  Very
occasionally since though, I've had the opposite problem to you - D=3rd, so
you have to got to Position 2 for 1st and 2nd speed, then shift up to D for
third.  This problem contuniues for about seven or eight miles at a stretch,
and always from cold, and then sorts itself out.

I know my governor circuit is fine, fluids are all new, and no leaks.  Wierd
one, but it happens so infrequently it's liveable with.  Your situation may
be different though, if i'll only go as far as 2nd.

Again, doesn't really help you particularly!  But you're not alone with
occasional A/T wierdness.

Good luck,
Rich Hanlon
(393/6126)