Re: [doc] Progress...

Hi Martin,

Sounds interesting. I can't recall seeing an adjustable pot. I'll have to have another look but then again mine is working and I'm a great believer in "if it's not broke, don't fix it".

I got Halfords vouchers as my leaving present from the last company I worked with (2nd day in new job today) and so I'm investing in one of the Gunsons Sensor simulators. I know you can make the features for about 2/3 price but the number of times I've made variable resistors from the dregs of my toolbox....This sensor simulator has a signal generator on it. 5v pk to pk I think. You could use this with some mosfets to create a larger voltage maybe. This could be why the chips go in the first place if the voltage is so high. I think todays chips have a better rating than those made 20 years ago....Delorean ahead of its time in my opinion.

Mind you, maybe it would be easier to be able to get a different ECU off a renault/ volvo that uses the same system that's ready available and then design some adapter plugs to fit ! Now, would that be a seller (and to the USA?)

I always use a scope when I can but mine is 20 years old and rather bulky...

All the best.

Nick.

Martin Gutkowski <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Nick

It's my good friend and colleague Joe who repairs them and he has
successfully repaired several in the manner you describe (Chris Hawes
will bear witness to this - his is one of them!). I have a Renault
manual describing the resistance on the thermistor and it drops as
temperature increases. Plus the problem only manifests itself with a hot
engine in that case, and Daniel's does it when the engine's cold.

Check out the values of the resistors on the pot-down on the ignition
signal input, and as you know the IC's are CMOS. Joe couldn't believe it
either and had to test mine running in my car - the scope doesn't lie.To
reverse engineer the units, this has to be generated, and not many
signal gennys'll do 35v.

Martin
snipped>>>>>>>>>>>