Re: [doc] Progress...

Hi Nick

It's my good friend and colleague Joe who repairs them and he has
successfully repaired several in the manner you describe (Chris Hawes
will bear witness to this - his is one of them!). I have a Renault
manual describing the resistance on the thermistor and it drops as
temperature increases. Plus the problem only manifests itself with a hot
engine in that case, and Daniel's does it when the engine's cold.

Check out the values of the resistors on the pot-down on the ignition
signal input, and as you know the IC's are CMOS. Joe couldn't believe it
either and had to test mine running in my car - the scope doesn't lie.To
reverse engineer the units, this has to be generated, and not many
signal gennys'll do 35v.

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk