[doc] Re: A bit of advice and info -

Also, its worth going on the US version of HPI Equifax, www.carfax.com
and asking them to do a full Vin# report.  You have to email them via
the site as they dont accept UK credit cards or addressess on their
system (US members have to pay about $20 for the report).  But, if you
email them and explain you are in the UK, they will normally just run
the report and email it to you.  I did this with both MXI and Flopsy -
admittedly after we'd bought them though!!
With Flopsy, it turned up that although she was built in July 1981,
she wasnt first registered until December 1982 in Kansas, and then
moved around the USA including Illinois, Texas, Virginia and
eventually California.  The mileage history was good too and all
checked out with what we'd been told about the car.
Its worth trying to get this report, as it checks out mileage history,
any liens on the vehicle, outstanding finance, whether it is, or ever
has been stolen, or if its ever been a write off and is very
comprehensive.
Hope this helps,
Claire
DOC171 #2292
(about to go and tackle re-fitting Flopsy's radiator....)

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk