RE: [doc] Being taken advantage of!!!

I think you definitely have point Chris.

One of the problems is the "film crew" usually embark on the project
unbeknown to the club, in this case the first we knew was when Robert in
N.I. was contacted for the track filming.
Later, Mark was contacted for some shots around the House of Commons and
London.
Then they ask me for some background and Photo's.

Nothing really co-ordinated, so we have little influence on what comes out.
They ( the producers) relay on us being "Dazzled" by the honour of getting
us/our cars on the box. It usually works.

I can only suggest that if any of us are approached in future by the "TV",
you refer them back to me and I will attempt to coordinate our end and get
my 2p  in as part of the deal.

We don't want to get a reputation for being difficult with the TV lot.

Following the disastrous Quentin, Daily Mirror episode I was in direct
contact with the Producer and  Director General of the BBC before they
finished the "cars the star" and managed to get the end bit, with Simon
Lees-Milne added on, to mitigate the program slightly. But it is a fine line
to tread.

My son who's a legal journalist is very laid back about how much "accuracy"
we should expect in our press or TV.  "Dad, its only a story",  he says!!
Well in the case of a DeLorean it's a story you could not have invented, as
my "old chum" Quentin pointed out!!!

I still say any publicity is better than being ignored.

Chrispy