  From: Chris Parnham
  To: Doc-Uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 8:17 AM
  Subject: [doc] Colour Printers

  A bit of topic, but with your wealth of knowledge out there......

  I need a good quality colour printer.

  It needn't be particularly quick, but I want near photo quality pictures.
  (on good glossy paper).

  My current one, only about 16 months old does the job well enough. Epson
  photo 895.

  Its main problem is that if I don't use it for a week or so, it bungs up
  some of the jets and refuses to clean them properly.

  Its also a bit expensive on replacement ink cartridges, which have a fancy
  bit of circuitry on the front.

  I have a good black Samson b& w laser printer which I use daily.

  I have considered a colour laser printer, some eBay seem about 1K to buy.
  My concern is reliability and cost of cartridges and repairs, do they
  deteriorate if left standing?

  Any advice would be appreciated.

  Regards

  Chris Parnham