Re: [DML] An end to the shock and spring debacle? (another volley)

Re: [DML] An end to the shock and spring debacle? (another volley)

***** Moderator's Note *****
Am I going to have to give you guys a timeout?

I think we have established that the community of DeLorean parts and
service providers do an exellent job of supporting the marque and
recent posts indicate that DML subscribers are in violent agreement.
Please continue any further discussion on this topic offline.

<<My original posting earlier this week apparently offended some

> people, people who coincidentally or otherwise happen to praise the
> products and services of PJ Grady in their DML postings. My intent
> was not to portray Rob's products or services as shoddy in any way.
> My choice of the word "cheapie" was a bad judgement on my part. I
> have the utmost respect for Rob's technical knowledge and abilities.
> Rob is one of the best customers that De Lorean Motor Company has,
> and I believe that he, Debbie and their staff provide an excellent
> and needed service in their region of the country. While I disagree
> with his assertion that front springs are sufficient to perform an
> adequate job in upgrading the suspension properly (see above), people
> will always disagree. It's when people like Steve, Gary, and now,
> Dan, take it personal and begin to make veiled (and even open)
> accusations that it denigrates the spirit and intent of the DeLorean
> Mailing List.
>
> James Espey
> DeLorean Motor Company
> Houston, Texas>>

James,
My original post was simply a reply to a post made by Steve Robano agreeing
that I believed the front spring set offered by other DeLorean Vendors was a
good quality item that worked very well. It is from personal experience
having bought them and used them on my car that I spoke. My comment was
anything but an "accusation" as you put it. It was also certainly not
"denigrating" in any way. If you read my original post again maybe you will
be a little more objective and less defensive. I ended the post saying "I
don't know ANY DeLorean Vendor who sells inferior products" that includes
DMC Houston obviously. As you stated your choice of denigrating words such
as "cheapie", when referring to another parts suppliers products, was wrong.
I do not see any other post using denigrating comments. Mine certainly did
not. All I said in essence was that I believe all suppliers deserve credit
for their hard work and time and their fine quality items they offer the
DeLorean Community. Are we on the DML not allowed to defend a product we
have purchased from another part supplier when we see it referred to as
"cheapie" or in any other bad way? Aren't most post from new owners, asking
those who have used a part purchased from a DeLorean Parts supplier, for
their opinion on its performance? Your opinions are always welcomed on the
DML from what I have seen James. I hardly see how when other members of this
list offer their opinions in an intelligent manner, you can accuse them as
being denigrating. My original post is below I would appreciate it if you
could tell me how it is possibly denigrating or accusatory. Once again I
said "I don't know any DeLorean Vendor who sells inferior products" If I see
one of the products I have purchased spoken about I feel I have the right to
simply offer my opinion as well. I have bought many items from DMC Houston.
I have no complaints about them. If the situation was someone referring to
an item I had a good experience with from DMC, in a negative manner, I would
respond in same. No James I don't like it when I see anyone denigrate the
spirit of the DML. Putting down any one of the DeLorean Vendors who give so
much of their time and effort does upset me and anyone who appreciates the
closeness of the DeLorean Community I think would agree. I take you at your
word that it was a bad judgment call on your part and would have accepted
that. There is no need for you to continue it by saying accusatory or
denigrating comments were made which is simply untrue. If anything your post
above, praising Rob and Debby and the other suppliers, repeats the theme of
my original post below.

Gary Gore

My Original Post:
I also see this trend developing recently as well unfortunately. ?There
are many fine vendors and parts suppliers out there that are extremely
courteous to DeLorean Owners. ?They provide excellent service and make
excellent products. ?However they do not always have the time to read and
reply to the DML. ?They are more than happy to take the time on the phoneand
help you in any way possible. ?DMC Joe, Don Steger, and Rob Grady, ?to name a
few. ?Every one has different opinions on what is best for their car. ?I have
the front springs replaced on my car with ones from PJ Grady. ?They are
anything but "cheapie" ?They are excellent in quality and make for an
improved ride and even out the spacing in the wheel wells. ?The rear stock
springs are fine and are designed to support the weight of the engine. ?Only
the front was raised originally to meet specs for the US market. ?As I said
to each is own when it comes to your DeLorean. ?I don't know any DeLorean
Vendor who sells inferior products and have never seen it mentioned here on
the DML or inferred to until recently.

Gary Gore
VIN 3360