How is he a failure???

Hello all,

While watching one of my favorite "history lessons" The Space Age (between
USA and USSR back in the 60's and 70's), on the history channel, the program
was called Blunders in History or a name of that nature. Now, if you watch
the title screen, it shows past people or events the program covered. If you
lok real closely, you see John Z. DeLorean walking out of a courtroom, or
building looking like it.
I guess my point is, I hate how so many people view the car, company, and
sometimes, even the man as a failure, or sometimes in my experiences, even a
joke. I wish that people knew just how good the car and his vision along with
ideas really were, and that just a few simple fixes make it an almost
flawless car. I mean, most modern day cars that you see when they first come
out, they have bugs, I mean everything does for the first year or so. Heck,
my dads Explorer dropped its tranny 50,000 miles into its life. (I dislike
Fords by the way) I mean, why don't they ever cover the Bricklin? Or other
failed cars that only were made in the hundreds? No, most articles and shows
I have seen or read about the DeLorean or even John Z., have been negative
towards his attempt at something that could have been much greater than we
already see it. Why don't they show how fast and good he brought Pontiac
production? How about how he got the Trans Am up and running, or the Tempest
lines better?
But, I guess its just wishful thinking for a 20 year old with a dream for a
D, and his anger for all of the bad publicity that we owners and enthusiasts
get. (Even in my own home....dad thinks his fords are better runners than a
well kept D)

Just a thought I guess, and thanks to ALL the D owners who have kept the
"vision" alive and helped show that its not a "blunder" or "failure" in our
automotive history.

Dave Loffler
Johnston, RI