[DMCForum] Re: My Rear Tire Fits in the Bonnet!

[DMCForum] Re: My Rear Tire Fits in the Bonnet!

Hi Bob,

Sorry, didn't realise this was going to be an electric car! What
kind of range are you hoping for? If I could get a 150 mile range,
I'd seriously consider converting my car to electric.

That is actually a very good way to cool the interior of the car,
with full size door windows and the rear window retracted you will
have huge airflow through the car.

Do you have any good pictures and/or video clips of your full size
power windows from the BTTF car in operation? I'd love to see some
good pics of that - most pics on the web are not great.

I spoke to you a while ago when you were thinking of offering the
full size door windows in a kit form - I'd be very interested in
that! Any plans to get this kit together? Alternatively, could you
give some pointers in making a similar system myself?

Lastly, good work on the trunk area in the front - I'm thinking of
making a custom trunk floor myself to increase luggage space to the
largest possible size.

Thanks,
John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Brandys <BobB@...> wrote:

> John,
>
> Good question, but not an issue on electric cars.   (which the
2015
> DeLorean is.)
>
> On the other hand, the issue with exhaust gas reintrainment that
was
> measured in the 1957 Mercury's, is a problem to vehicles without
any
> emission control systems.   The D has a very low CO level compared
> cars of the 50s.   In fact, the OC level in the Ds exhaust is less
than
> the CO in cigarette smoke. (As a reference, if you took every
breath
> from a cigarette for 15 minutes-it would kill you.  That is how
> concentrated the CO and other gases are in cigarette smoke.)
>
> However, the D also presents  a very different aerodynamic profile
> compared to the 1957 Mercury.  I doubt that the negative pressure
and
> turbulent circular downflow over the square backed Mercury
actually
> over the lovers and much more aerodynamic D.
>
> I will, of course, assess this issue on my D, once we get the
window
> installed and the car drivable.   I hope to offer rides at Getts.
>
> As is it now configured, the electric conversion is a complete
change
> out of the engine bay(controller and batts) and gas tank
(charges).  NO
> OTHER areas of the car are affected.  The car also weighs about
500 lbs
> less.
>
> Bob

<*> Your email settings: