Re: [DMCForum] Re: My Rear Tire Fits in the Bonnet!

Re: [DMCForum] Re: My Rear Tire Fits in the Bonnet!

John,

Good question, but not an issue on electric cars.   (which the 2015
DeLorean is.)

On the other hand, the issue with exhaust gas reintrainment that was
measured in the 1957 Mercury's, is a problem to vehicles without any
emission control systems.   The D has a very low CO level compared to
cars of the 50s.   In fact, the OC level in the Ds exhaust is less than
the CO in cigarette smoke. (As a reference, if you took every breath
from a cigarette for 15 minutes-it would kill you.  That is how
concentrated the CO and other gases are in cigarette smoke.)

However, the D also presents  a very different aerodynamic profile
compared to the 1957 Mercury.  I doubt that the negative pressure and
turbulent circular downflow over the square backed Mercury actually
over the lovers and much more aerodynamic D.

I will, of course, assess this issue on my D, once we get the window
installed and the car drivable.   I hope to offer rides at Getts.

As is it now configured, the electric conversion is a complete change
out of the engine bay(controller and batts) and gas tank (charges).  NO
OTHER areas of the car are affected.  The car also weighs about 500 lbs
less.

Bob

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional