[DMCForum] Fairwell & goodbye

Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the sale of my beloved
DeLorean. As of Saturday, October 6th, #5447 is on it's way to
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, in the hands of it's new owner.

It has been a fun three years. On April 30th, 2004, I purchased an
all-original Sunday driver from it's first and only owner and drove it
over 700 miles home. I put some 30,000 miles on the car driving it
daily and plowed nearly $10,000 into repairs and upgrades to make it
completely reliable. I enjoyed every moment of DeLorean ownership and
I wouldn't trade this time for anything.

Unfortunately, certain realities of life have set in, leaving me
unable to justify keeping the car. I no longer have the time or will
to continue maintaining a 26 year old sports car and have purchased a
newer car to commute with. My Honda Insight is a boring, ho-hum car
compared to the exotic DeLorean, but after being constantly showered
with attention everywhere I went for the past few years, I'm actually
enjoying being left alone. I'm also enjoying 70 miles to the gallon,
an $1,800 per year reduction in my fuel bill and not having to tinker
with anything to keep the car on the road.

Not keeping the DeLorean as a toy, a Sunday driver, was a difficult
choice to make. I tried it for 3 months before deciding it wasn't for
me. I've always said I would never have a garage queen and that's
exactly what my DeLorean would have become had it remained with me.

I'll always keep some memorabilia to remember this time: My TIMELES
license plates, my Sunstar model and a few books & magazines, and of
course my friendships I've made in the community. I don't know whether
I will ever purchase another DeLorean again. I may, one day, purchase
a rough car, tear the entire thing apart, and rebuild it from the
ground up with a custom Pearce Design frame, V8 engine and Porsche 6
speed transmission. Time will tell.

I thank all of you for your technical advice over the years, for your
patience and for your friendship. I will continue to host my cruise
control installation instructions at www.ryanwright.com/delorean and
my dmcnews archive at www.ryanwright.com/dmcnews, at least for the
time being. I will likely not remain a member of the DML for long, and
my membership in the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club will cease at the
end of this year. I will continue to be semi-active on the DMCForum
Yahoo Group for the near future.

Special thanks to:

Toby & Misty Peterson, for your superb DeLorean upgrade kits, your
excellent customer service & for your friendship. The new owner of my
car plans to utilize DMC Northwest for major service in the future.

The PNDC members, for your outstanding help at tech sessions & for
making me feel welcome.

John Hervey, for everything you do for the community and for all of
your parts that helped to keep my car on the road.

Stephen, James, Warren & the rest at DMC Houston: You've done so much
for our community.

Tim Nagin, ;-) You rock.

Marc Levy, for your antics, your attitude, and for being a constant
source of amusement for us all.

Videobob, for the same. My apologies for getting off on the wrong foot
with you. You're all right, man.

Everyone else, for living the dream.

-Ryan
Former owner of #5447