RE: [DMCForum] ANSWERS TO MY SEVERAL ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS

RE: [DMCForum] ANSWERS TO MY SEVERAL ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS

Two reasons to have a capacitor in any circuit:

First-----to give any starting circuit an extra jolt
of power when first firing up the circuit.  A good
example is your home A/C unit.  There is normally a
huge capacitor wired into the starting circuit.  It's
that great big huge oblong thing attached to some
obscure place that has two wires going into it.
Capacitors store power and only discharge when called
upon----or some stupid idiot puts his finger across
the terminals.  :-)   (Not that I have ever done
something like that!!!  LOL)

Second-----To stop any electrical interference with
your radio.  Note that on the Delorean there are many
capacitors wired into any circuit that is in
continuous motion, when the circuit is energized.  Ex:
the A/C fan, the coil, the fan speed switch, etc.
Josh's car even had two capacitors wired into the
radio circuit (sometime) and the only reason I can
figure out why is because the PO didn't want to take
the time to figure out what the real cause of his
static was.

My thoughts on your original question are that the
engineers decided they needed a capacitor in the idle
speed circuit and this was a good place to put it as
any.  Anybody else have any other thoughts??

Now, just to enlighten everybody----Josh's car had a
two wires, under the consol, beside the drivers right
knee that were black and light green/white, but they
had been cut off at the connector and taped over.
This puzzled me for a long time before I finally
figured out the problem.  Anybody want to give it a
try.  The answer will follow tomorrow, for anyone that
is interested.

Mike   TPS   1630

> What would this connector do on cars that used it?
> My car doesn't have it.
>

> Greg
>

>   _____

<*> Your email settings: