[DMCForum] Re: Global Warming Swindle

Cool concept, I'd really like to see that.  I'm, *ahem*, obtaining the
movie right now, and I'll post a link to it when I get it.

The comments on that site about incoming comments being 6 to 1 in
favor of its viewpoints are hardly surprising.  No one really likes
change, and in the midst of all the global warming nutcases screaming
about CO2 and the greenhouse effect, it's no wonder people get all
excited and encouraging when a scientific-looking source tells them
that their cars are not killing the planet.

It's never been a mystery or a secret (not to me, at least) that
man-made greenhouse gases are in the minority when compared to the
naturally-occurring variety.  The more compelling fact is the rate of
change from these sources.

Volcanoes aren't spewing any more CO2 than they did 10,000 years ago,
but there are a good amount more people and animals (think: livestock)
exhaling, farting and burning hydrocarbons.  The science behind the
global greenhouse effect is solid.  Whether or not it is the reason
for the recent global warming trend, I don't know for sure.

What I do know is that I will not stick my head in the sand and
pretend that everything is okay.  At least not until I am convinced by
 scientific research that we are fine the way we're going.

Regards,
Jon Heese

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> Early this year I had my entire viewpoint changed by a single TV show
> shown on Channel 4 here in the UK. I'm not someone who is easily swayed
> on something I thought I knew about - but in the space of 90 minutes, I
> felt like I'd had my eyes opened.
>
> I seriously suggest you guys buy the DVD when it comes out, or *cough*
> maybe see if there're any torrents out there.
>
> http://www.greatglobalwarmingswindle.co.uk/
>
> In my own nutshell, it points out really clearly that CO2 is NOT a
> pollutant, nor does increasing levels of CO2 cause an increase in
global
> temperatures; it's *the other way around*
>
> My favourite stat they showed was a very simple pie-chart showing the
> proportions of CO2 emitted by animals (you, me, the cat next door), the
> burning of fossil fuels and VOLCANOES. Did you know that volcanoes are
> responsible for over a quarter of co2 emissions vs less than 10% for
> fossil fuel burning?
>
> Anyway, having watched the program makes for some very interesting
debates!

> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional