Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vega

Re: [DMCForum] Response to DW D1 add and Extreme Prices for DOA Las Vegas event

This is a big concern in the project. After helping to develop the 320hp
3 litre Alpine, a couple of things became apparent - that this sort of
power would be dangerous in a DeLorean and therefore I could achieve
perfectly satisfactory results by spending a lot less money and ending
up with far fewer "specific" components. The engine is every bit as
bomb-proof as a stock engine, it uses the same mounts the same covers
etc. In fact the only thing that isn't the same is the oil filter which
has a fractionally different thread (and costs about £7 from Renault and
comes in blue with the magic Purflux logo on it :-)

The intake manifold is different - that's about it. Custom parts extend
to the exhaust from the crossover pipe back (BAE turbo style) and
chargecooler and throttle mount, although it uses the standard throttle
from the donor engine.

I had this project going about 6 months ago and discovered I couldn't
get pistons. I bought a Skylien in the mean time. Now I discover I CAN
get them so I'm all fired up again :-)

Martin

Bob Brandys wrote:

> What would be essential to this, is the availability of parts for
> maintenance and service.
> Needless to say, parts availability for an "alpine turbo" engine in
> the US is near zero.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: