Re: [DMCForum] ANOTHER REALLY STUPID SCAM

On 12/18/06, mike clemens <rmclemns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, it's the exact opposite of that.  You have to list
>  your auction first, then you can go back and  add the
>  preapproved bidder disclaimer.  This is done by adding
>  in the bidders handle to the sellers list.  What the
>  scammers are doing is listing "nobody" being
>  preapproved, ie: zero handles.  This way nobody gets
>  to bid unless they contact the seller.  Ebay actually
>  allows this, but that is what they say they are going
>  to fix in January 2007.

Ahh. Makes sense now. Glad they're doing away with this.

>  approval.  And we all know where that leads, "a death
>  in the family, I'm in Budupest, the car's in Egypt,
>  I'll pay all shipping charges, and Oh By The Way, I
>  want to be paid via Western Union.    :-)

Bwaahahahahahahahaha!!! Yup! Can't believe anybody falls for this
stuff, but apparently they do every day. Amazing.

>  PS:  Glad to help with the fascia---now, ya wanna buy
>  a colorized wiring diagram?    :-O

Not sure I need one. :) However, if Dave offers up the details on that
color organ, I might need one to help identify all of the circuits I'm
going to hack into. :)

-Ryan