Re: [DMCForum] Re: Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Posting FROM Marc Levy about Moderation

This is not the same group I joined several years ago. I don't read every
post when the subject does not interest me. I can say that I have found
Marc's advice over the years helpful and I am grateful for it.

I can understand not permitting personal attacks on the list. There is a big
difference between Marc questioning the rules of the forum (and how the
moderators are not following them) and posting clearly defamatory comments.
The rules were not followed in banning Marc. Now that it has been done I
suspect that no matter how many comments and observations are made that the
rules were not followed, that decision will not be reconsidered.

If the post from Marc V "The bad Marc is gone, the good Mark is back!" was
appropriate and did not result in a ban for a "personal attack" then there
is absolutely no justification in banning Marc.

To me the most disturbing part is the obvious censorship by closing the
polls. This goes beyond "rules" and is a stunningly arrogant position that
"the moderators know best". I would guess the next thing is to have all
postings approved before allowing them on the list. Hmmmm, isn't this
exactly the opposite of what this list was all about?

I voted in the last poll and closing it without notice was a slap in the
face. Are the moderators now afraid of opinions? If the moderators keep it
up this list will be dead by the end of next week. I think it is time the
moderators follow their own rules or step aside.

Mike Walsh

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM