[DMCForum] MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT

After a lengthy discussion, the moderation staff of the DMC Forum
has decided to invoke a permanent ban against Marc Levy for the
following reasons:

1. Marc's repeated attempts to drag the moderators, and others on
the Forum, into arguments ("Trolling") after being asked to stop.

2. The inappropriate and inflammatory content of public and private
messages sent to the moderators in response to requests that he
cease trolling.

3. Marc's refusal to abide by the rules that the group voted to put
in place, which he agreed to do.  When a thread is requested to be
closed that is the end of that public discussion and it needs to go
off-list.

This ban was unanimously approved and enacted by the staff of four
moderators on 7/17/2006.

Folks, this is not an action we took lightly. Marc has a lot of
positive things to contribute to this community. However, after he
was placed on moderated status last week for not following the rules
and refusal to take the discussion off-list, his follow-up messages
showed his intent to continue the fight on-list.  These off-list
discussions lead us to believe Marc had no intention of stopping.

Everyone else is welcome to send questions and comments regarding
this action directly to the moderators at DMCForum-owner[at]
yahoogroups.com.  For the betterment of the group, we would like any
necessary discussion to be off list.

DMC Forum Moderation Team

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM