Re: [DMCForum] Re: My NEW DMC!!

Scott,

On 6/26/06, Scott <bk2d80s@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I concur..Its one of the ever decreasing perks to living in CA.
>  Lotta DMC's here.

Hey, so long as you people keep saving them in that preservational
climate, I'll always be able to get my hands on a clean one. This can
only be a good thing. ;-)

>  I had to do a ton of upgrades and updates on all my previous DMC's
>  especially the last two "cherry" low milage garage sitters.
>  This one came through the finish line at around 10k in upgrades so
>  far.. My last was only around 7k-8k.
>  Worth the price though.

Hah! That's about what I've put into mine as well. However, I
specifically looked for, and upgraded my car to be, a daily driver, so
I avoided low milage garage sitters and bought a sunday driver. I
think she had 43k on her when I picked her up. Almost completely
original, a few parts had been replaced due to failures but otherwise,
everything was vintage 1981.

It took a lot of work and money to make this baby reliable. Now I can
jump in and go anywhere, anytime, without preparation.

But I love California's weather. Cali cars are just beautiful. No
rusting due to road salts and other problems you get in other states.

-Ryan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/HliolB/TM